Architectural & Daylighting
1212 Bordeaux, located in Silicon Valley, is a test of various strategies for optimizing fundamentals like day lighting, air quality, and acoustics to help employees focus and be productive in an open-plan space. Google's 1212 Bordeaux office is a 100,000 sq. ft. facility, where the team strategy was how to improve occupant comfort and collect data on what works and what doesn't.
• To reduce glare, the design team oriented the roof’s glazing to the North
• The roof design included terraces with metal overhangs to shade the Southern exposure
• The building has automated exterior blinds on all sides
• Glass-walled meeting rooms line the floor’s perimeter, allowing daylight to penetrate its center
• A centralized sensor continually monitors the interior environment and adjusts ventilation accordingly, providing air-flow
• A sound masking system that is specifically tuned to voices to prevent conversations from traveling
Clanton & Associates has developed street and pedestrian lighting master plans, lighting criteria, tours, pilot demonstrations, surveys, lighting measurements, and lighting research projects. Our extensive experience in creating street lighting master plans and guidelines for cities, assists our clients in making informed decisions regarding street lighting design to plan for the future of smart cities.